To Team or Not to Team
I have chosen to work with a group on my portfolio this year in Media Studies. I have chosen to work with one other person rather than a large group. I think it would be more fun to work with another person and I think our project would be better compared to doing it alone or with a big group. With big groups I think that there is always tension or disagreement at times and I think I would be more efficient and successful with one other partner. I think this because we can see how each other work together, get things done, and we could be more successful if we chose the right partner.
For my portfolio I have chosen to work with Lanie Phillips. I've chose Lanie because she is very productive, hardworking, and positive. Lanie and I are also friends, so we have worked together in the past successfully. Some of Lanie’s strengths are staying focused and on track, having good and creative ideas, and cooperating with everyone easily. Some of my weaknesses are staying on one idea at a time and getting my thoughts together. I have good ideas but most times I don’t know how to organize them and incorporate them logically. Lanie’s strength of being organized and efficient and my strength of ideas and creativity will work well together to create a well thought out and good project.
An activity that also helped my decision of choosing Lanie as my partner was the “Social Media Peer Account” activity. On Lanie’s social media she often posts pictures of her and her friends. In these pictures they are always smiling or laughing, and this made me want to work with Lanie because I think positivity and a good mindset is always important when working with a group or just in general. Lanie also posts about how she does cheer for the school and hangs out with her friends. This shows that with having a life outside of school and keeping up with schoolwork, especially as an athlete is very impressive. Lanie has good work ethic and is a good person to work with for our portfolio project.
We also did an activity called “Lost at Sea”. In this activity we had to work with groups and do activities involving math, logical thinking, and analyzing. With these activities it was harder to work with a bigger group because we all had to cooperate and choose certain items to number in a list for an activity but with the right group, it was very easy. This is because everyone could cooperate and get things done because of their hardworking mindsets and efficiency. Lanie and I worked really well in this activity and both have good cooperation so I think Lanie and I will be very successful in our project together.
Comments
Post a Comment